« Debbie's Garden | Main | What's Blooming Now »

July 07, 2006


Richard in Madrid

I've got 6 tomato plants in containers and the first 1 or 2 fruit that set on each plant had BER. I've now got over 60 tomatoes developing on the plants and no others have shown symptoms.

It common in containers that the first fruit will have BER and then the problem will correct itself. As the plant matures, it becomes better at absorbing and distributing calcium.


Richard: I'm counting on the rest of the plants being healthy. So far so good. I did a thorough examination this weekend, and the only plant with BER is the one I described. I picked off all the affected fruits so the plant can spend its energy making new ones.

The comments to this entry are closed.

My Photo
Blog powered by Typepad